Would you believe it if anyone told you that drinking beer is actually a healthy practice? Maybe not, but the truth is that beer is more nutritious than you think it is! Most people would vouch for wine as being a healthy drink since it contains a high amount of antioxidants, proteins and vitamin B; incidentally, beer has higher levels of proteins and vitamin B, along with important minerals like iron, calcium and phosphates.
For those keen on home brewing beer, a Mr. Beer coupon can come in very handy. This company offers ingredients, beer brewing kits, recipes and refills, bottles and equipment to interested brewers. Below are listed some of the most surprising benefits of drinking beer:
- Believe it or not, drinking beer can actually make your heart stronger. A Harvard University study suggests that drinking moderately can promote the cardiovascular health. When you drink beer, you can minimize chances of getting heart attacks, strokes and sudden cardiac arrests. Even a preliminary research by the AHA or American Heart Association stated that men who had previously experienced a heart attack would be 42% less likely to expire from heart diseases if they drank beer moderately.
- Drinking beer is also known to improve brain power. For instance, researchers have argued that beer can keep dementia and Alzheimer’s away. On surveying beer drinkers and non-drinkers it was also found that in drinkers, the risks of mental degeneration were far lower. A reason for this could be the silicone in beer which protects our brain.
- Beer is said to cut down on levels of “bad” cholesterol in the blood. The high fiber content in this drink lowers the LDL levels and promotes healthy HDL levels.
- Beer can also make your kidneys healthier. It reduces the risk of kidney stones by almost 40%. Since beer has nearly 93% water content, it can successfully get rid of toxins in your body. It can keep the kidneys working optimally, and Harvard University researchers are also suggesting that it may be useful for preventing gall bladder stones.
- Not only is beer consumption in moderation good for reducing the risk of heart diseases but also has anti-clotting effect which ensures that blood vessels stay free and clean. According to studies by the European Association for the Study of Diabetes, people who drink 6 beers in a week have a 21% lower chance of getting Type 2 diabetes than those who do not drink beer at all.
- Beer has high silicone content which makes it beneficial for bone health. While silicone can increase bone density, consuming too much beer may weaken your bones and heighten chances of fractures.
- Beer is rich in flavonoids and antioxidants and this is why beer can lower risks of cancer, particularly prostate cancer. Xanthohumol in beer is an antioxidant which has strong anti-cancer properties.
- Blood clots may trigger ischemic strokes and other life-threatening conditions because arteries to the brain get blocked. However, when you drink beer in moderation, arteries are seen to stay flexible and the blood circulation is better.
- Beer also acts like a multivitamin which is rich in vitamin B and vitamin B3 or Niacin. You will also find vitamins like choline, pantothenic acid, B6 and other B complex vitamins.
- Finally, beer helps you enjoy a clearer skin and better hair growth. Because of the high vitamin content, it can work against appearance of acne and gives a natural shine to the complexion. Beer is also popular for stimulating hair growth and the content of malt in it is great for healthy tresses.
These are some of the lesser known benefits of drinking beer in moderation. If you are keen to brew beer at home, you should avail discount coupons for brewing kits on Don’tPayAll. While drinking too much beer is never healthy or wise, health benefits of this drink in moderation cannot be denied. When beer is filtered finely, most of the nutrients never make it to the final beer. So, home brewing is a better option because you are in control.